- Proprietary oral fast-dissolving drug delivery system, QuickStrip™, rapidly releases an expansive list of pharmaceuticals, emulsified oils, and a host of over-the-counter medicines. This permits API’s to enter the blood stream through a rapid dose pathway without being degraded or modified by first pass metabolism in the liver.
- How rapid is a Rapid Dose Therapeutic? Studies show the QuickStrip™ technology delivery mimics blood concentrations over time to intravenous injection.
- Sublingual and transmucosal transport of active molecules result from the rapid dissolution of QuickStrip™ combined with the proprietary technology.
RDMx + QuickStrip™
- RDT proprietary formulation (RDMx mixture) is an orally administrable composition comprising a film forming agent that is used to effectively deliver a micronized therapeutic to allow the ready absorption of otherwise poorly soluble pharmaceuticals.
- The main aim is the delivery of large therapeutic molecules such as proteins or complex molecules. The RDMx technology has the potential to be combined with numerous proprietary compositions with indications across a broad range therapeutic classes.
- The RDMx mixture, once combined with the active molecule and blended into a homogenous composition, is processed using RDT proprietary production equipment and processes into QuickStrip™ according to the specifications of the active ingredient being delivered.
- QuickStrip™ contains the active molecule embedded in the delivery matrix. QuickStrip™ can be formed into any shape, but for simplicity is often produced as rectangles for easy packaging and handling.
- QuickStrip™ is the final form that will be taken by the consumer or patient. By placing the strip under the tongue, inside the cheek, or directly on the tongue and allowing it to dissolve for a few seconds, the active molecule is released from the strip and rapidly delivered across the tissue into the blood stream.
RDT Benefits + Advantages
QuickStrip™ delivery mimics an injection path with uptake speed comparable to intravenous administration.
By placing QuickStrip™ under the tongue, inside the cheek, or directly on the tongue and allowing it to dissolve for a few seconds, the active molecule is released from the strip and rapidly delivered across the tissue into the blood stream.
RDT as an organization can work with research departments within organizations to ensure that active molecules are effectively delivered and provide the added patient benefits expected from a rapid delivery therapeutic.